I hope you find this guide helpful
What Are Semi Permanent Eyelash Extensions?
Semi Permanent Eyelash Extensions are a revolutionary way to extend the thickness of your lashes. Eyelash Extensions can look and feel like human lashes. The lashes are synthetic and tapered from thick to thin to resemble a real eyalsh. It is applied on a lash by lash basis to the real eyelash for a completely natural look. Eyelash extensions will leave your lashes longer, thicker, fuller and more gorgeous!
How long do they last?
Approximately 2-4 weeks. Your eyelash cycle is 25-28 days, as yours grow and fall out so will your extensions. Your lifestyle and working conditions may also affect how long your eyelash extensions last.
How long will the procedure take?
The procedure will take approximately 1 hour for a full set and approximately 45/55 minutes and 1 hour for an in-fill. It is a meticulous procedure that requires patience and concentration so therefore it should not be rushed so that clients can leave with a perfect set of lashes. You relax with your eyes closed and there is no pain as this is a non-invasive procedure. Often clients are so relaxed they fall asleep.
Do semi permanent lashes make my own lashes fall out?
No, definitely not this is a myth. At GLOW many of our clients have been with us since 20011 and have constantly had extensions applied with no break and they have never encountered their lashes all falling off. It is important to have your lash extensions applied by a qualified operator who uses to quality product. The eyelash has a cycle and are constantly being replaced like your hair. If you pull so hard on an extension lash and pull out your own natural lash there will be no new lash ready to grow to take its place and you will have to wait 6-8 weeks for that lash to grow.
I had eyelash extensions a few days ago and some have fallen out already. Why?
The eyelash growth cycle and it is hard to determine which lash is ready to fall out naturally. Each day we can lose between 3-5 natural eyelashes, usually we don’t notice when they fall out. But when eyelash extensions are applied, we are more aware when they shed as eyelash extensions are darker and thicker. If you sleep on your side, you face will squash against the pillow and may cause the eyelashes on that side to fall out quicker than the other side.
Can I still wear eye-make up and mascara?
Yes to eye-make up but you won’t need mascara. You may even find you won’t need eyeliner, but you can still use eyeliner and eye shadows as usual but remember to remove with a product that does not contain oil of any kind as this will affect the glue. We recommend removing eyeliner and eyeshadow using a damp cotton bud and a small amount of eye make-up remover and gently running it along the eyeliner to remove it. To remove eyeshadow wet a cotton wipe and eye make-up remover and gently remove eye shadow in a side and upward movement not down onto the eyelash extensions. Wiping down towards the lashes will cause a build up of makeup on the lashes and may lessen the life of them.
Can the eyelash extensions be removed?
Yes, at any time for any reason! If you have had an improper eyelash extension application or simply wish to remove them, we can give you advice immediately.
FOR YOUR SAFETY! Beware of potentially harmful inexperienced imitators…many eyelash extensionists use “in-house” or third world lash adhesives that can contain harmful chemicals. Please do your research before selecting a lash artist and ensure that they have been certified by a reputable distributor.
How To Care For Your Eyelash Extensions So They Will Last 12 Weeks…
Be aware that your eyelash extensions may feel heavy for a day or two after application.
* Be gentle with your eyelash extensions, don’t rub your eyes. This can cause breakage if you have an itch look in the mirror and rub around the extension.
* Use an eyelash brush. This will help improve the look and length of the natural lases as well as the eyelash extensions. It will also help the lashes and extensions from not clumping and sticking together.
* Don’t get them overly wet or use a steam room for at least 24 hours after application. Repeated swimming or steam room can loosen the bonding agent.
* Wash your eyes gently and make sure you pat your eyes dry.
* Don’t use an eyelash curler on the extension. Curlers can kink the eyelash extensions permantly and make them look tangled.
* Be careful of creams, cleansers amd make up removers that contain oil. As they can loosen the bonds of eyelash extensions.
* When you do wash your face make sure you wash it with a gentle cleanser as harsh chemicals can build up the base of your eyelashes.
* If possible have a sealant applied after the procedure. The sealer will strengthen the bond and protect the extension against breakage.