What are xD Russian Volume Eyelash Extensions?
xD lashes is a sustainable volume eyelash technique developed in Russia that is now spreading to the USA and Europe. Several ultra-lightweight lashes are applied to each individual lash in a way that does not excessively strain the natural eyelash like older techniques. xD creates a larger bond area with less glue for stronger, longer lasting extensions.
Why do you call them xD Volume Lashes?
Multiple eyelash techniques have been around for years. Different companies have called multiple eyelash techniques by different names; ‘The Russian Technique’, ‘volume lashes’, 3D, 4D, 5D, 6D, even 7D and 8D have been seen recently. To save getting mixed up, when the actual number of lashes that you use varies from lash to lash, we decided to call the technique xD eyelash extensions. The ‘x’ standing for the numbers in front of the D.
What are the Benefits of xD Volume Lash Extensions?
The main benefit of xD Lashes is natural-looking volume, and lots of it. If your looking for a boost in volume as well as length the xD treatment does this like no other procedure.
If you are attaching so many lash extensions, doesn’t it harm the natural lashes?
By calculating relative lash weights and bond area for eyelash extensions of the the same length and curl profile it is clear that this technique is actually lighter and stronger than one-on-one extensions. After wearing them for a couple of months we can tell you that they do indeed feel lighter, softer and more natural.
How long does it take to do a set of xD Eyelash Extensions?
To do a full set it’s going to take between 2 and 3 hours. This may vary however.
Types of Lashes
The First 24 Hours
- AVOID getting lashes wet as extensions and glue need to set
- AVOID hot steam from the shower and sauna
- AVOID touching, or brushing the lashes
- AVOID using eye make-up
After 24 Hours
- AVOID the use of oil based make-up removers, cleansers or creams. (The oil in these products will loose the bonding adhesive) Use plain water or water-based cleansers, make-up removers or creams. Using a cotton bud will help to gently remove any eye make-up
- Be GENTLE. AVOID picking, rubbing, touching your eyes excessively
- REFRAIN from using heated curlers, lash perms, tinting lashes or normal mascaras!
- AVOID rubbing your eyes, sleeping on the lashes, or facing the shower head when in the shower
- DO NOT attempt to remove the extensions. Removal should be done by a qualified lash technician.
- DO NOT pull on loose lashes as this may cause lash loss and may cause damage to your natural lash.
- BRUSH your lashes with the brush provided by the Lash Extension Specialist It is not necessary to brush them every day only as and when needed to prolong the lash extensions.
- Leave the lashes alone – the more you tamper with them, the more the bond will weaken and may fall off.
SCHEDULE AN INFILL – in 2-4 weeks. Within a few weeks you will notice a slight loss in lashes. This is the natural part of the lash cycle. Touch ups/ infills are highly recommended if you would like to maintain a full, lush lash line.
All human hairs go through three stages during their growth and development. One stage is anagen, this is the active, growing phase. For eyelashes this phase lasts 30 to 45 days. Natural lashes will take about 8 weeks before they fall out. When eyelash extensions are applied some eyelashes will be babies, some in anagen and some will be fully grown with only days left in their cycle. This is why you will feel you need infills from 2-4 weeks.